College And Career Readiness
Communities of Practice
Focused on Access, Success, and now, Opportunity Youth, these communities are opportunities for collaborative inquiry where practitioners can be engaged in active learning, based on their own questions, resulting in improved practice and impact for Milwaukee youth.
SEE / THINK / WONDER
- What do you see?
- What do you think about that?
- What does it make you wonder?
“Communities of practice are groups of people who share a concern or a passion (Domain) for something they do (Practice) and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly (Community).” - Etienne Wenger
- Our Shared Domain/Concern – to ensuring all young people utilize postsecondary education or training to prepare for a career.
- We have a Shared Practice around implementing research based and proven strategies to improve college and career access and success.
- Community – we are committed to the idea that we are better together than apart. And, when we come together, our collaboration will address issues of unique importance, our activities and community will help address our specific needs. And it will be an opportunity to explore models of lessons learned and share resources/idea from different institution.